With prices increasing and your dollar stretching less, you are looking for any way to save money. However, safety and security are two things not to skimp on.
With dryer vents being one of the most common causes of house fires in America, you need to clear out those vents regularly to avoid fire hazards. Not only that, but numerous issues stemming from your vents can cause your dryer to become clogged and less effective.
A clothes dryer can go years without having its vent cleaned, causing a build-up of lint that could clog everything from the dryer hose to the vent. This one issue alone can even cause your dryer to run less effectively. You could also be dealing with an issue with an unwelcome pest like a rodent using dryer vents to enter your home or building a nest inside.
If you’re facing dryer difficulties, who do you call to get your vents unclogged and your laundry room back in working condition?
My dryer works fine! you may be thinking. Why should I spend extra money for someone to come in and clean my lint trap?
There are a variety of reasons it’s important to make sure that your dryer is well-maintained.
- Health and safety: as we’ve already discussed, dryer fires are one of the largest and most preventable sources of house fires in the US. Keeping your dryer clean will allow you to dry your clothes, linens, and other items without concern
- Dryer effectiveness and power costs: if your dryer is clogged, it will take more time and power to dry your clothes. Not only can fabrics be damaged by the higher temperatures your dryer will crank out, but longer drying times will also raise your power bill.
- Indoor air quality: if your dryer vents contain too much dust, they will filter back out through the only opening it has; the dryer itself. These particles will spread through your house due to the poor ventilation, lowering the air quality, which can be especially harmful to people with allergies to dust, most, and other airborne particles.
Organic Home Service is one of the premier vent cleaning companies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. On top of our dryer vent cleaning services, we also offer air duct cleaning, restoration after fire and water damage, insulation, and the installation of new air conditioners.
Vent cleaning is all about safety. The point is to reduce the possibility of a fire hazard by cleaning out the vents and removing any debris. Dryer lint is highly combustible, and a buildup of lint in vents creates a major fire hazard.
You may think that you can handle vent cleaning yourself, but let’s go into what kind of services you will receive by paying for professional dryer vent cleaning in Dallas. We promise every penny you spend is a penny you’ll save on cleaning up after fire damage.
Your service technician will begin by inspecting your dryer vent, dryer hose, and your dryer’s lint trap. All three of these areas can be choke points for dryer lint to accumulate and catch fire. The lint trap is easy to access and clean, but the other parts of the dryer are a bit harder to find.
Professional vent cleaning services can use camera snakes to complete a thorough inspection of your dryer vent and make sure all the nooks and crannies in your machine are lint-free. These tools ensure you are getting your money’s worth, so ask about the process when you book an inspection.
The U.S. Fire Administration says that America has 2,900 home clothes dryer fires per year, causing an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and at least $35 million in other damages. Preventative dryer maintenance and inspection are paramount, and that is just the first step in Organic Home Service’s dryer cleaning service.
There are numerous ways to clean a dryer vent, and a professional will always take a surgical approach to the process. Once the inspection is complete, your technician will establish a plan to clean your dryer vent quickly and thoroughly. This plan will be dependent on the model of the dryer, the amount of buildup in the vents, and any other specialty services you may require.
Having your dryer vent serviced and inspected at least once a year is the best defense method for preventing a dryer fire at your home, and our skilled technicians will make sure that your dryer is up-to-date and free of potential hazards.
Here is the fun part. If you are lucky enough to be home while your technician is servicing your dryer vent, you will have the opportunity to see the plan’s execution. If your dryer vent has never been serviced, inspected, or cleaned, the results may be thrilling!
So how are cleanings done? There are several ways:
- Drill brush method: a snake and drill brush attachment will be inserted at one end of the dryer and activated. The brush will then rotate around your vent, removing buildup until the vent no longer releases debris.
- Vacuum hose attachment: these tools are small enough to fit into your lint trap and snaked through your vents. This method is best for identifying the main areas of blockage and quickly and thoroughly cleaning them.
- Compressed air hose attachment: Instead of a tool that gathers up the lint and debris from your vent, a compressed air hose will use high-pressured air to blow out all of the dust.
A dryer vent cleaning from a professional, on average, can cost anywhere from $100 to $300. If you opt to clean your dryer vent on your own, the cost drops to whatever tool you purchased to clean it. Even though this will quickly save you a few bucks, if you don’t know what you’re looking for, it’s easy to miss other areas that can quickly become a liability.
A professional cleaning will tell you upfront what kind of cost you will be paying. This service will be affordable if you have the right company involved. Organic Home Service offers free quotes so that you can decide if a professional cleaning is within your budget, but with our excellent services and affordable rates, it won’t be a difficult decision to make!
Dryer vent cleanings are an essential part of laundry room maintenance, and keeping your dryer free of lint and other buildups will prevent you from dealing with more serious problems down the line, such as house fires. If you want a company that will go the extra mile to keep your home safe from potential vent hazards, contact Organic Home Service today for a free quote.